KELP FROM THE PRISTINE
WATERS OF SOUTH AFRICA
Bo Mar – meaning the “Good Sea” in Esperanto – is specialised in the global trade of marine raw materials.
1. High Quality Dried Kelp (Giant Brown Algae, Ecklonia Maxima), milled and shredded into various sizes (<10mm or >10mm)
2. Liquid Seaweed Concentrate as a growth stimulant, made from the freshly harvested giant brown seaweed Ecklonia Maxima.
With 5x the potency of regular other extracts.
Our seaweed stems from the coast of the western tip of Africa, along the shorelines from South Africa to Namibia. The very cold Benguela comes to those shores from Antarctica and creates a nutrient rich marine environment, causing the kelp to grow fast and constantly. Kelp is classified as a keystone species, which means, it plays a vital part in forming a thriving ecosystem while being one of the highest sustainable materials from a natural source. It is the largest and fastest-growing marine algae or seaweed, and belongs to the brown algae.
The strength of Ecklonia Maxima is based on the high levels of organic gels within its kelp tissue. In addition to the organic gels, kelp has amazing amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
Each plant attaches itself to the sea bed with a stalk. Some kelps can grow ½ metre a day and can reach 30 meters in length and together they often form a thick kelp ‘forests’. Kelp forests are found in the temperate and polar coastal regions of the world. Kelp is usually harvested at low tide but often also collected as ‚beach cast’ right off the beach after stormy seas break them loose and wash them ashore
→ The Food Ingredient Industry For Aliginates
→ Biopharmaceutical and Biotechnical Companies
→ Manufacturers and Distributors of biological fertilizers,
supplements and marine feed
crop yield, frost resistance and nutrient uptake
Seed germination, Fruit mass and colour, shelf life and crop quality
incidences of pathogen, insect attacks and nematode infestation
And many more. Just ask us for more information.
DID YOU KNOW
Then it is taken to our central depot where it is sorted, cleaned, shredded to various grades (<10mm or >10mm). and filled in woven plastic bags (approx. 30kg or 50kg) or into process-integrated bulk bags. Depending on our customers specification.
for the Food Industry
- Organic Gels: Ecklonia kelp has a high content of organic gels, including alginates.
- Enzymes: Kelp, due to its extremely fast growth rate, is a rich source of enzymes.
- Amino Acids: Ecklonia Kelp contains 7 of the 9 essential amino acids and 7 of the 11 non-essential amino acids.
- Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, C and Folic Acid
- Minerals: Boron, Cobalt, Copper, Fluoride, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum
- In short: Kelp is packed with Vitamins & Minerals!
We want to to hear from you
If you are looking for a reliable and competitive supplier,
please send us your enquiry. We will get in touch with you right away
Kent K. Ainer (International Sales and Export)
Phone: +27 (79) 834 3226
Reg Nr 2018/068876/07