Thank you for visiting bomar.africa. Your privacy is important to us.
The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for the Bomar.Africa website. (Please note that this site contains links to other sites and that Bomar.Africa is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites).
1. What information do we collect about you?
- We may ask you to provide information on a voluntary basis and it is up to you whether you want to give us this information.
- Bomar.Africacollects contact information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address, postal address etc.) during, but not limited to, registration processes and competition entries. This information allows us to provide you with access to our personalised services and communicate directly with you. This information also allows us to verify that we are communicating with you and not someone else. We use aggregated information about the use of our services to evaluate our users’ preferences, improve our customer service, and enhance the user experience. We may also use aggregated information to conduct research and for our publications. Bomar.Africa may also use this information to contact you for the purposes of answering queries, or notification of a change to services.
- If you have any financial dealings or make purchases with our trading partners on co-branded sites, they will ask for certain information. This information may be shared with us.
- When you are in a section of Bomar.Africa and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Bomar.Africa, its divisions and/or its third party service providers unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
- Promotions that run on Bomar.Africa may be sponsored by companies other than Bomar.Africa or may be co-sponsored by Bomar.Africa and another company. Some, or all, data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor.
- On certain sections of the Bomar.Africa site, only persons who provide us with the requested personally identifiable information will be able to participate in the site’s activities and offerings.
- We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, FireFox), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., MWeb etc.).
2. What is the purpose of collecting this information?
- Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide our users with a better online experience, including interactive communications and other services. By knowing a little about you, EBomar.Africa and its partners are able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content, and hence a better service to you.
- To create and bring to your attention editorial material and commercial opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- To enable us to conduct market research and other surveys.
- Bomar.Africa conducts research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. Bomar.Africa may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners.
- To personalise your use of Bomar.Africa services.
- To enable us to monitor attempts to compromise our security systems.
- You acknowledge, that in the interests of improving personalisation and service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share your personal information with some of Bomar.Africa’s affiliate companies who provide content to this portal.
- Using the e-mail addresses provided when you register for various services, Bomar.Africa may periodically send promotional e-mail to its users about services offered by Bomar.Africa and its advertisers.
- We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfil your requests for our programmes and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other programmes or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our competitions or when we make changes to our subscriber agreements or to fulfil a request by you for an online newsletter.
- From time to time, we also may use information that you have provided about others to offer our programmes, or services to them.
- The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you programmes or services.
- If you choose to submit content for publication (e.g., a “letter to our editors”), we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us.
- We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalise your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyse site usage, as well as to offer you programmes or services.
- In certain instances, the information provided will be monitored for security reasons.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
3. How private are your details?
- Bomar.Africa respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it.
- Apart from other companies belonging to SURREAL, we only share personal information about you with third parties whom we have selected carefully and with whom we have, or may have, a commercial relationship. We comply with the relevant legal requirements and take all reasonable care to ensure that your information is secure and private and is only seen by responsible third parties. However, we cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third party who receives or obtains access to the information, nor for any breach of security.
- Users should be aware that when you are on Bomar.Africa, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from Bomar.Africa pages that take you outside our service, e.g. clicking on a banner advertisement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. Bomar.Africa does not control the privacy policies of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online – for example, via message boards or chat – that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While Bomar.Africa strives to protect its users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you disclose this information at your own risk.
4. How we protect your information
- We recognise your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information you may share with us (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, and telephone number).
- We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
- The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Bomar.Africa cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
6. Do we use log files?
- Like most standard website servers, we use log files to collect system and security-related information. This includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We use this information to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
7. International transfer of personal data
- As you will know, the Internet does not recognise national boundaries. Services on the net are accessible globally so collection and transmission of personal data is not always confined to one country. You should be aware that by using the website and those of our partners or any site we link through to, your personal data may be processed in or transferred to other countries, the UK for example, and you agree to your personal data being transferred or processed in this way.
8. Policies for individuals under 13 years of age
- The Bomar.Africa website is targeted at an adult audience. No information should be submitted to or posted to Bomar.Africa by guests under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent, teacher or guardian.
- Your continued use of Bomar.Africa following the posting of changes to these terms will indicate that you accept those changes.
10. Further information